- 2 - 3 cups cooked al dente brown rice pasta
- 1 Tablespoon veg. oil and 1 t balsamic vinegar, sauteed with two large bulbs and greens green garlic
- Salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste
- Juice of one small lemon
- Fresh roasted garlic (large, whole clove drizzled with oil, wrapped up tightly in foil and baked at 375 degrees F for about 25 min.) - squeeze out all the "meat" of the garlic out of the skins when cooled - they should be mushy.
- About 1 pound fava beans in shell - prepared (shell the beans, put them in boiling, salted water for 1 minute, drain, then immediately put in ice water to stop cooking. Pierce each bean with your fingernail and pop out the beans, then add to the salad)
- 6 large leaves chopped fresh basil
- about 3 oz. fresh goat cheese, crumbled
Combine all the above and chill for a few hours. Then serve cold, or warm if desired. Pairs well with grilled, marinated chicken breasts.